:idea: Can someone help me please I have a linksys 2.4 router I have two conputers hooked up thru it now via ethernet cable. Trying to hook up third using wirelees have a linksys adapter on third pc keep having message saying cannot associate with access point. Have tried reinstalling adapter and letting adapter locate ip address and manually tried putting in address got address and gateway,dns from dos sure its the right one still cant get to work. The adapter says I have 56 % signal strength is this good? Please help pc not working is my work shed need on line to far to run cable. Iam running xp on the two pc that are working and win98se 0n the one thats not working. Thank you for any help and please dont get to techy on me newbe to routers :)

Had the same problem and spent hours trying to make it work. Ended up being something simple. In the properties for the local connection that is your wireless card, make sure you turn off the checkmark that says, "Let windows manage this connection". Then go through the Linksys setup again and it should work.

Good Luck,
David

Can you do a walk thru can't find local connection. When I try to let windows set up my lan keep getting error cant find dynamic libary and it wont let me find a lan.

Can you do a walk thru can't find local connection. When I try to let windows set up my lan keep getting error cant find dynamic libary and it wont let me find a lan.

Found local connection and changed setting still not working :sad:

Have tried a few things that might help. I can't ping host pc times out also looked in network settings. Shows Client for Microsoft Network, Dial up Adapter, Linksys wireless-G-PCI Adapter, IEE 802 1x protocol-> linksys- G-pci Adapter, tcp/ip-> linksys -G-pci adapter, File and print sharing for Microsoft, This don't look right to me can anyone tell me whats wrong please help Iam running out of hair to pull out

Things have changed a little I can ping now but with a ip thats very differnt than the one I have on other pc.

Things have changed a little I can ping now but with a ip thats very differnt than the one I have on other pc.

Once you've turned off the "let windows configure this device". You should run the setup program that came with it. Make sure the network device assigned to the wireless card is the one we're working with. I checked mine on my laptop and it says "Wireless Connection 6", the local connection is an internal lan card. Make sutre to set this device as above plus set it to get the IP and DNS info automatically. During setup , let it find your router, connect to it, and put in any security key that you've set on the router. After that it pretty much does it on its own. If it still doesn't work, then you need to check the wireless setup on the router.

Thanks,
David

Sorry for the long delay, my employer is blocking this site .....

linksys wireless g usb adapter ,HELP!!!!!! I have a good connection.but not getting the intranet becuase Invalid IP address? What can I do

linksys wireless g usb adapter ,HELP!!!!!! I have a good connection.but not getting the intranet becuase Invalid IP address? What can I do

call 1800 326 7114 go to auto menu step by step to hook up router it will give you steps to get address you need

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.