Dear Experts,
we have a 2851 router which interconnect our local network to public network. we recieve our internet on interface e0/1 and e0/0 restricted to our lan as below configs
int e0/0 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside

int e0/1 X.X.X.226 255.255.255.224
ip nat outside
! web server
ip nat inside source static x.x.x.245 192.168.10.9

! last resort
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.225

our users from internet can access our web server
but we cant access our web server with public address x.x.x.245 or
equivalent domain name and we can only access it with local address 192.168.10.9 in our lan.
how can we access our web server with public FDQN domain name or public ip address ?

Regards
Harry

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This is a typical NAT problem with many types of routers. Not all of them will allow accessing the public ip from within the LAN. Contact the vendor for support.

Two months ago we receive our internet from ATM controller and we can access it
but now with G0/1 interface we cant receive.

This is a typical NAT problem with many types of routers. Not all of them will allow accessing the public ip from within the LAN. Contact the vendor for support.

How can i do this?

If you are unable to resolve this by accessing the public IP from within the LAN, can you just access it via the private IP until you resolve this with your hardware vendor.

You need something called a loop back NAT when you want to access your internal server through public ip.....
This is because here you hit the gateway and get back your network since the server is hosted in your network...Try to find out if there is a way to create a NAT policy on your router...so that when you try to access this server with a public ip it is NAT to the private ip of the server...

In regards to "we can only access it with local address 192.168.10.9 in our lan. how can we access our web server with public FDQN domain name or public ip address" if that still holds true. I have seen this issue when I.T. makes thier domain a .com instead of a .local. Anyhow if you have internal DNS server which most companies have, and is mandatory for domains, I would add this domain to DNS create a mirror image of all external DNS records except for the DNS record for the Host A for the website. I would point the Host A for SomeSite.com to my LAN IP.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.