hello all,
I am a network admin trainee.I dont have any prior knowledge about installing the routers.so plese help me how to start with the installation of router 2620 XM series modular Multi service access routers with inbuilt firewall.Also tell me in brief about the configuration of router with the windows 2003 server.

hello all,
I am a network admin trainee.I dont have any prior knowledge about installing the routers.so plese help me how to start with the installation of router 2620 XM series modular Multi service access routers with inbuilt firewall.Also tell me in brief about the configuration of router with the windows 2003 server.

As you are a network admin in training I encourage you to take responsibility for your own learning and do exactly what the rest of us do when we need to learn something about technology - research! Why not start by reading the manual? You want to know about how a router works with Windows 2003? Study Windows 2003 and you will quickly realize that there is no way to accurately answer your question because a server's interaction with a router will be dependent on the services you want available from that server. A webserver will get ports for web traffic...a RRAS server will get ports for PPTP traffic...it all depends! Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.