My Dell Inspiron laptop freezes almost instantly on connecting to a particular wifi network. I have done a thorough antivirus scan and have recently re-installed windows. But still the problem continues. I hav also updated the wlan mini card and the virtual wifi miniport adapter. Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you tried this: go to support.dell.com drivers and downloads for home users then plug in your Service Tag # to the box and see if there are any updated drivers for your laptop. I would check for all hardware updates especially if you just reinstalled windows. It is a bit of a process since you need to download them first ( use Internet Explorer for this) with a Dell download manager, Put them in a temporary folder and unpack and install them one at a time. It helps to keep a running list because the numbers of the drivers don't have the names until you open them. Good luck Tarael

I downloaded n installed all the updates but the problem persists...

Does it freeze when plugged in by ethernet cable? Have you looked in the System/Device Manager? Can you get into Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Del when it freezes or does it just freeze the browser? What is your OS? What Browser are you using? More info please... I'll ponder it further...
Tarael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.