I have a netgear wr314 and I just bought a netgear rangemax 824 router. Is it possible to combine these networks and have them communicate between each other? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you say "combine these networks", are you asking if you can have each router manage a different network/subnetwork but have data freely routable between those two networks, or are you asking if the two routers can simultaneously act as access points for the same logical network?

That is, for example: do you want router #1's computers to use the 192.168.0.x network range and router #2's computers use the 10.x.x.x range, but have data freely shared between those two networks, or do you want all devices configured to use the same network range (the 192.168.0.x range, say)?

basically bridge the lans so that data from router A can flow to router b and from router b to the internet cloud

If you can tie the two routers together with a CAT5 cable, the setup is fairly straightforward, but if you need to bridge the two devices wirelessly, things get more complicated. With those two specific devices, I'm not sure that the wireless bridge configuration will work at all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.