Ok, so I have 3 computers in my house. 2 of them have complete internet access, the otherone doesn't and I don't know why.

Let's call this computer A. Computer-A can't access web pages (using let's say chrome or IE). However my router has it's mac in the connected devices list. Also, I can ping my dns servers from this computer and get a response. Hell I can even ping google, but when i try to access from my browser it just wont open.

I already flushed dns, changed the router's password and I'm kindda runing out of ideas. Any sugestions.
P.D. I didn't know if this was the correct forum to post this, so sorry if it isn't

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Seeing Mac and pinging DNS only shows local network access, not internet access. Is the computer cabled or wireless? When you pinged google did you loose any packets?
In command prompt, type ipconfig /all on the computer that wont connect then do it on one that does to see if there are any significant differences.

click start--> Run--> type 'cmd'--> type 'ipconfig /release'--> press enter
then type 'ipconfig /renew'

Before this, make sure that your router has DHCP enabled.

In the chrome browser, go to the settings, change proxy setting, LAN setting, click the check box 'automatically detect settings'

Hope this would work! Cheers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.