Ok. This makes no sense to me. Recently the cable modem would not sync. The only time now that the modem will sync is if the main cable line from the street is plugged into it. Its been working fine up until now with the splitter. I have now tried 2 different splitters and 3 different cables and the cable light will only flash, not sync. As soon as I plug the main line in directly it syncs almost immediately and we have a fast connection.

An ideas

Thanks

Ok. This makes no sense to me. Recently the cable modem would not sync. The only time now that the modem will sync is if the main cable line from the street is plugged into it. Its been working fine up until now with the splitter. I have now tried 2 different splitters and 3 different cables and the cable light will only flash, not sync. As soon as I plug the main line in directly it syncs almost immediately and we have a fast connection.

An ideas

Thanks

have you done anything different on the other end of the splitter? ...could be a bandwidth issue, although it should still work, just slow, ...hmmm ....I hope somebody else wades in on this one, ... "the Old Geek"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.