Hi All,

i have internet on my computer(desktop) via wifi. i want to create another wifi via the ethernet port of the pc, routers and wifi repeaters support that ?

for example Rj45 cable from my pc ethernet port to a tp-link router/repeater.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Not really. WiFi is a radio link. You can connect your PC's ethernet port to a WiFi router, and that can then be accessed via wifi-enabled devices, but you still only have one WiFi access point. 2 points == 2 devices, etc.

Thank you rubberman for your answear i appreciate it.

thank's rproffit,
i can actually share my internet using my wifi adapter, it's builded with the adapter software(edup ep).
but it start lacking sometimes, also the adapter get's hot !

mouaadable, that app can share it to Ethernet which can use a WAP on. Remember that almost all routers can be turned into a WAP. Google "How to use a router as a WAP."

As to the hot WiFi, at the office with some 100 laptops, none seem to have that trouble. Strange issue?

oups, i didn't know that!
but anyway it gives me"virtual router manager has stopped working" every time i try to start it !

i tried to change my router settings manually:

router im trying to use as a WAP :
ip : 192.168.1.130
subnet : 255.255.255.0
gateway:192.168.1.100

dns : 192.168.1.1

wifi adapter :
ip : 192.168.1.120
subnet : 255.255.255.0
gateway : 192.168.1.1

tablet :
ip : 192.168.1.135
gateway : 192.168.1.100

but no interent conx on the tablet, it only lead to the router gateway(192.168.1.100) when i use 192.168.1.100 as dns and no internet when i use 192.168.1.1 as dns.
i'm really confused i will get rid of everything and forget the idea of doing this

thank's alot guys

mouaadable, since I don't know your IP plan I can't see what's up. But the DNS is not one I'd use.

Besides the IP plan, the most common gaffe with using a router as a WAP is folk plug into the router's WAN port, the next is they didn't turn off the router DHCP.

THANK YOU ALOT rproffitt
i appreciate your help, i got new 3com router that i think it will work, but it come another problem, when i plug the ethernet cable to my pc the pc turn off...i will solve that problem and get back here with further detail and if it worked or not ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.