I have a desktop connected through a linksys WRT54G router and it is not conneted wirelessly. it is going through a sbc/at&t dsl modem. Preivously i was alowed to connect through my desktop and a wireless laptop but lately i can only do one at a time can someone help?

1. Is it that the two machines can't communicate with the router at the same time, or that the two machines can't communicate with the Internet at the same time?

2. Is this a wireless-related problem? That is, can you (or can you not) get the two machines online if you connect the computers simultaneously to two of the wired Ethernet ports on the router?

3. Get one of the computers connected through the router to the Internet and then do the following on that machine:
* Click on the "Run..." option in your Start menu. In the "Open:" box of the resulting window, type "cmd" (omit the quotes) and hit Enter. This will bring up a DOS window.
* At the DOS prompt, type the following command and hit Enter. You won't see any result from the command, but when it completes, a second prompt with a flashing cursor will be displayed; close the DOS box once that happens:
ipconfig /all >"%userprofile%"\desktop\ipconfig.txt

The above command will have created a text file on you desktop named ipconfig.txt; double-click on the file to open it in Notepad, and then cut-n-paste the file's contents in your next post here. The contents of the file will give us some important details of your IP configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.