Hello, I have a sony vaio laptop and need to disable the wireless lan. Can I do this in the Bios? If so, can you provide instructions?
Thanx, Cindy

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think it would be alot easier to just use the built-in wireless utility. Any reason you're trying to do this using BIOS? ;)

Yes, Having a problem with my child accessing neighbors wireless at all times of the night.

Yes, Having a problem with my child accessing neighbors wireless at all times of the night.

:cheesy:
In that case, I think you should use a parental-control program, so that you can use the wireless when you need it.

If you really insist on BIOS disabling, here's a general walkthrough: (all BIOSs are different, so I won't know how yours will be like)
1. Hit the DELETE key, or F1. Your laptop may say which to key to hit "to enter setup"
2. Go through the menus, and find something like "network", or "LAN".
3. Disable, go back to the main menu, save to the CMOS, and the computer will reboot.

But I don't recommend this.

commented: Well done joeprogrammer, here and all over the place :) -'stein +3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.