After Googling my probelm and not being able to find out how to fix my prob.,I decided to look for help else where... here!^^ So, Hi ALL.

I'm connected to a Speedstream 4100 directly to the comp.,no router, and I cant get the ethernet cable to connect to the modem, the status light isnt on and I get the 'Network Cable Is Unplugged' notification along w/ 'Trying to Aquire Network Adress' status baloons..weird. Everything on my system is fine,excpet that the Device Manager shows there is a problem under 'Other Devices - Ethernet Controller', but there isnt a brand name or anything else that can helpo me find drivers for it.

Heres what I know so far...
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&SUBSYS_00120E11&REV_81
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&SUBSYS_00120E11
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&CC_0200
DEVNODE FLAGS
DN_HAS_PROBLEM
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER
...please help.:sad:
*im using dial up at the moment

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

the Device Manager shows there is a problem under 'Other Devices - Ethernet Controller', but there isnt a brand name or anything else that can helpo me find drivers for it.

Sound to me like you don't have a driver loaded for your ethernet card.

Hi .:Epyon:., welcome to DaniWeb :)

... Device Manager shows there is a problem under 'Other Devices - Ethernet Controller', but there isnt a brand name or anything else that can helpo me find drivers for it.

Heres what I know so far...
HARDWARE ID
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&SUBSYS_00120E11&REV_81

Good job; thanks for including that info! It indicates that you have a built-in (on-motherboard) Intel Pro/100 VM Ethernet controller, but it also appears that your driver has either been uninstalled or has gotten corrupted. As far as getting a new driver package, Intel has this to say about the Pro/100 VM drivers:

"The Intel® PRO/100 VM product is not sold directly by Intel. It is only sold by original equipment manufacturers and is typically integrated into the computer system. For support, software drivers and warranty concerns, please contact the vendor from which you purchased the computer containing the PRO/100 VM.

If you cannot obtain drivers for the VM from your computer vendor, you can try the drivers for the Intel® PRO/100 adapter family. These drivers should work. However, if the original computer vendor added any additional features, you might not have access to them when using the Intel drivers."

*High fives DMR* sweet!Thx for the help, im downloading the drivers right now,just that its at 3.88Kbps lol,btw, u my be right about it being corrupt because a power outage started this whole mess along w/ frying my sound device that was on mobo.hopefully this works^^

You're welcome, and thanks again for providing the necessary device info up front; that saved us a lot of time!

Let us know how hte driver install goes...

:confused: ..after installing the drivers, it fixed the problem i was having w/ the Device Manager showing that there was a problem w/ the Ethernet Controller and this was added as one of my Network Connections,Intel(R) PRO/100 VM Network Connection, but im still unable to get a connection to my modem through this connection and through my Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC. I did a hardware reset on both modem and computer,unplugged and swithed out ethernet cables too. The strange this is, is that when i connect my Netgear MR84 to the whole setup, i get a connection verification on both modem and computer, but cant get it to connect to the internet.Im quessing since it wont connect to the modem w/ out router it still wont get a real connection to the modem.

Also, sometimes when I shut down the computer w/ the ethernet cable plugged to comp. to modem,the status light comes on, and when i turn the comp. on, it goes off.:confused:

DISREGARD ABOVE!!
Problem Has Been Solved. THX DaniWeb!

Can you give us the details of the fix? Having that info posted here could help someone else who might be having the same problem.

Thanks.

yes, details of the fix would definitely help me with my similar problem with the same product. I have a Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC built in with
ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_00391565&REV_10\3&61AAA01&0&58.
For reasons unknown to me, no modem is detected and no ip info is received. I'm sure whatever you did should work for me too!

how do i find out my ethernet controller to download?
this is my ethernet details? i think
Device Properties
Driver Description Ethernet Controller
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_103B&SUBSYS_00120E11&REV_81
Location Information PCI bus 5, device 8, function 0
PCI Device Intel 82801DB ICH4 - LAN Controller with 82562EM/EX PHY

Device Resources
IRQ 05
Memory FC500000-FC500FFF
Port 1000-103F

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.