Dear Friends

I have a problem that drive me mad.

I have 2 desktop pcs conected by a ethernet cables to a netgear wireless router and to a modem . BOth PC have windows XP PRo
BOth pc comunicate each other without problem BUT!! one of the pcs don't connect to the internet.

Could anybody HELP MEE!!

Thank you so much

Enrique:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Dear Friends

I have a problem that drive me mad.

I have 2 desktop pcs conected by a ethernet cables to a netgear wireless router and to a modem . BOth PC have windows XP PRo
BOth pc comunicate each other without problem BUT!! one of the pcs don't connect to the internet.

Could anybody HELP MEE!!

Thank you so much

Enrique:eek:

i have same problem :sad:

i have same problem :sad:

Hi guys

ICS or Internet Connection Sharing. Try the following : The computer that has the modem connected to it give it an IP address of
192.168.0.1 and the other desktop an IP address of 192.168.0.2 and set the default gateway to 192.168.0.1 this means that it must look at the computer with the modem for access to the internet.

Then on the computer that has the modem, open your network connections and right click on you internet connection and got to properties and then Advances then tick the box to allow ICS on this connection and then makes sure Local Area Connection is selected.

I have five PC's using 1 dialup connection to connect to the internet using ICS.

Hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.