Three years ago, I started my grand campaign to profit from the Internet gold mine. I was buoyed by the statistics of increasing online spending, and was convinced that some of those trillions circling the globe should come my way. So the perfect way to start, I reasoned, was to build an online store stocked with the right products. Now the trick was to find out how on earth to get "on" the Internet.

One of the first things I had to do was to find a web host. The Web expands every day, and so do our choices. Just how do you find a web host to meet your business needs? There are literally tens of thousands, each one with a different focus and services designed for a specific segment of the market. As you study your options, you might consider the following tips from a battle scarred entrepreneur:
How much should you spend to host your site?
When I started out I (like most persons) was initially mesmerized by the "free" hosting services. After all, why pay for something when you can get it "free". I realized in time that this was a very poor move on my part. I'll tell you why:

Read More At World Webmaster www.wwebmaster.uni.cc

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Three years ago, I started my grand campaign to profit from the Internet gold mine. I was buoyed by the statistics of increasing online spending, and was convinced that some of those trillions circling the globe should come my way. So the perfect way to start, I reasoned, was to build an online store stocked with the right products. Now the trick was to find out how on earth to get "on" the Internet.

One of the first things I had to do was to find a web host. The Web expands every day, and so do our choices. Just how do you find a web host to meet your business needs? There are literally tens of thousands, each one with a different focus and services designed for a specific segment of the market. As you study your options, you might consider the following tips from a battle scarred entrepreneur:
How much should you spend to host your site?
When I started out I (like most persons) was initially mesmerized by the "free" hosting services. After all, why pay for something when you can get it "free". I realized in time that this was a very poor move on my part. I'll tell you why:

Read More At World Webmaster www.wwebmaster.uni.cc

i was also first at same finding a free host but ultimately found that paid hosting is best rather than free hosts. :twisted:

Basically, you get what you pay for! Alot of people like to make sure they have a toll-free number (and it works, so test that), live help, support forums, and helpdesk. (my company offers all those)! Double check the hosts up-time, and money back options! Talk with the host before you order, make sure they are friendly and are willing to help you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.