Hi I am a newbie to this kind of thing as well as to this site and I need some help!!! I have come very close to making the new PS Eye (SLEH-00201) camera work on my laptop, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. I tried installing the drivers folks were using for the original Eye Toy (SLEH-00030) to start. Naturally that didn't work for a number of reasons (non-matching chipset control, USBVID & PID), so I dug deeper. The controller chipset on the PS Eye (OV534) is a different one than is used in the Eye Toy (OV519). There is a set of drivers for another camera using the same controller chip, the Omnivision Apollo Camera. I replaced the Vendor ID and the USB Product ID in the .INF file as I saw it done for the Eye Toy using drivers with the same chipset control. I chose the drivers to install for the device and everything went well until the very end. I got a code 10 and was told the device cannot start. Looks like the last part of the install was attempting to launch the EXE file in the drivers folder, which of course is not for this camera. So this is the last step I have taken. Not sure what to do now, so I thought I'd share this with the community and query and hope for feedback from the experts. Any words on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi I am a newbie to this kind of thing as well as to this site and I need some help!!! I have come very close to making the new PS Eye (SLEH-00201) camera work on my laptop, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.

This guy has done some work on fishing out the details for the camera's USB data. Try posting your message there.

I'm not sure either but if you figure something out let me know. I'll try myself to see if I can get it to work with windows.

The controller chipset on the PS Eye (OV534) is a different one than is used in the Eye Toy (OV519).

You are right in that it is another chipset than the OV519. What I learned in other forums attempting to get it working in linux is the following:

EyeToy: OV519 + OV7648
Playstation Eye: OV538 + OV7721

The other forum even says if you open it up it has OV538 silkscreened on the board.

As far as I can tell, there aren't even windows drivers released for the OV538 as of yet.
If any of you or anyone else reading this thread does get it working, please post!

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.