I've seen this problem before on here, however was unable to solve it in the same way as the previous user.

My laptop got sent off for repair last week, and since it came back, I cannot get it to connect to the internet using Mozilla or IE6.

In safe mode, I can browse and download, but can't install anything (RPC won't load), in normal mode, I can connect to the network and ping using cmd, but I cannot browse or connect to MSN.

I've tried both the wireless system (connects fine, excellent signal and 54Mbps speed) and wired system (Connest fine, 100Mbps). Neither of which will let me surf!

There's a free beer waiting down my local for whoever helps the best! :p

Tech info:
AMD 3.0 Ghz
2GB RAM
Win XP SP2

AVG anti virus (up-to-date with a clean computer)
AVG anti-spyware (Up-to-date with a clean computer)
Norton internet security (installed, but not active)

Anything else you need to know, please ask.

Many thanks in advance!

puddster

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I fixed it eventually. If anyone else find theirselves in this position, all I done was downloaded Norton removal Suite, my Norton had corrupted so I removed and and now it all works fine.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this anyway though.

if i had read this when you posted i would have suggested the same//really any time 2 anti-virus or firewall programs are on the same box, it breaks at least one of them//you may want to pull out the avg and do a fresh install as well--just to be sure.

I fixed it eventually. If anyone else find theirselves in this position, all I done was downloaded Norton removal Suite, my Norton had corrupted so I removed and and now it all works fine.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this anyway though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.