Hi, here is my issue. I connect with DSL, but after 2-3 hours of inactivity I have to reboot my machine to get back on the internet, if I don't it just says "looking for webpage". I thought it might be my DSL, but connecting another computer to it and have no problems. I unchecked the box also about turning off my network adapter to save power. At a loss to figure this one out.

Thanks
Phil

Can you do a little test? The next time that you experience problems open a DOS window (Start->Run->cmd) and type in ipconfig. There should be some output about your current network setup. The line that says default gateway should be your router's IP address. In the DOS window type 'ping (the numbers int the default gateway line) it should look something like 'ping 192.168.1.1'. If you get a response the problem is between the router and your DSL modem. If you do not get a response then it is between your laptop and router. Please let me know the results and I can help you troubleshoot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.