hi,

sorry i dont understand much about networking, here is my issue:

i have PC2 that is connected to another PC1 through a wired network.
PC1 is sharing internet with other pcs including PC2.
i put d-link wireless usb adapter on PC2 and i want my LAPTOP (that has a built in wireless) to share the wireless network with PC2 without using any other device.

So PC1 is the computer all others are getting internet from, and all the computers (except the laptop) are connecting with a switch,
the only computer that has wireless is PC2 and the laptop of course.
i want the laptop to be connected to the network sharing files and internet using wireless directly to another computer.

is that possible?

thanks a lot for your help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think you can make a PC to PC connection, but that means disconnecting PC2 from your wired network since you can't be on both networks at the same time.

I know you don't want to use another device, but why don't you try connecting a wireless router instead of PC2 and then connecting PC2 and your laptop on the wireless connection?

By the looks of your problem, you don't need an expensive wireless router. A small on would do the trick.

>that means disconnecting PC2 from your wired network since you can't be on both networks at the same time.
Sure you can, as long as you have enough network cards installed in your computer to pull it off.

But can she be on a wired network and on a wireless one at the same time?... I mean, I've never tried that.

>But can she be on a wired network and on a wireless one at the same time?... I mean, I've never tried that.
If routers can do it, why can't PCs? A router is after all, just a small computer.

:surprised Thanks for the insight.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.