I am a software person by profession, though network familiar...I would like to know where I can get information to know how to set up a wireless, secure network for a small business. There is a need for storing/sharing a lot of sensative data and a server is probably going to be needed. Are there any books, websites, etc that are good to get me started? This is for a non-profit business and I am donating my time...how ever much is needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am aware of google search. I am looking for something a bit more specific such as web sites that are considered good, for example. There are alot of books written about various topics. Some are good and some not so. I am looking for this type information. Thanks.

map the network drive on windows, and make sure you do have network HDD :-/

well you can just put it on your computer, but i guess you will need to share it. Create your own small network :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.