Hi., firstly i want a say thanks for reading my post.

Situation:
-My house have FOUR computers..we all shared a broadband connection. we are using Level one WIRED router.

My problem:
-My online game facing frequent dc and it happens when my (TWO) friends starting to download couple of movies(non-stop). I talked to them and they was wondering if theres any solution so that i can play again.

Solution?
-i was wondering if i could set the speed limitation to each PCs. If possible, can anyone tell me how?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

#

Select "Start" and "Run." Type in "gpedit.msc" and hit "Enter." This will open up the Windows Group Policy page.
#
Step 2

Select "Computer Configuration," followed by "Administrative Templates," "Network" and "QOS Package Scheduler." A new display will appear on the right side of the screen.
#
Step 3

Select "Limit Reservable Bandwidth." This will bring up the bandwidth properties.
#
Step 4

Select "Settings." In the middle of the screen will be a bandwidth percentage limiter. It will most likely already be set at 20 percent. Increase this amount to a desirable setting and click "OK."

Post By SyMuFA

thank you sfahmad2kf

Does that mean if i set the limitation to 80%, the computer can only access to the maximum of 0.2mb?

hi iam having the same problem but mine little different , we are 4 friends in 1 house and we got 2 mgps and 3 of my friends downloading movies and i wanna play online , i wanna limit thier download limit from my pc can i do that ?

we are using wi fi Router

and thank u

Resurrecting 3 year old dead threads... great.

Zombie threads ahoy

maybe dead article but very helpfull for me. thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.