Hi,
My colleague and I have a strange issue where certain sites give us a "DNS error - cannot find server" error. We share an office with a friend and his PC, connected to the same router is able to view all these options without any issues whatsoever.

I ping the sites and they dont exist. Some sites were visible and arent now. Its the same with Firefox, IE7 and Chrome.

I have quite a few firefox plugins including Xmarks as well as Dropbox installed. I did have Kaspersky 2009 installed but someone told me to uninstall it to fix the issue which I did. Unfortunately I cant find the disc so have installed AVG for the time being. I have also removed Xmarks but still get the same issues.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Regards

nakusya

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Download and run Winsockfix from here http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml
Reboot and see if that helped.

Hi,

I installed WinSockFix and rebooted and it didnt help :(

I also disconnected the cable to the router and inserted a 3G dongle and I could view all sites perfectly on the same PC that wasnt letting me before

Not sure how to proceed from here now

Any help gratefully accepted

Regards

Nakusya

Have you tried recycling the power on the modem/router?
If not, try that and see if it helps.

Have you tried recycling the power on the modem/router?
If not, try that and see if it helps.

Hi,

Thanks for this - I powered off our PCs, powered off the router, waited 5 minutes, powered the router back up then powered up the PCs and I still have the same issue

Pulling my hair out here!

Regards

Nakusya

Has your service provider blocked these sites for some reason?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.