OK, 2 questions, likely unrelated.

1) When I start or restart my computer, sometimes the computer will essentially "stop loading" after the windows logo. This is sort of like http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread15125.html, except there is no windows startup noise. I have a Dell 1907FP monitor with both an analog and a digital connection: I've switched through both with no avail. When this happens, I just turn it off manually and start it again after 10 minutes or so. Usually, it will work after this, though not always.

2) My Power Supply Fan is making a lot of noise, similar to http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread63889.html. Could this be related to my monitor situation? I was thinking about upgrading the Power Supply soon anyways, so it shouldn't be a big deal. However, are there any dangers to upping the wattage that a power supply produces (mine is at 375W right now, I would like a 500W)? I want a new video card soon that requires more wattage than my current power supply, but I would be hesitant if it could cause harm to my computer.

One last thing... a few times recently, my computer has shown a NMI: Parity Check ...or something along those lines upon startup (like http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222973). Could my RAM be causing this problem? I installed 2 GB of RAM about 2-3 months ago, and the black screen problems "might" have started soon after. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of when this started.

If you need any more info, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Kyle

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i wont to know that how many color in the monitor

Um, just black. It essentially just stops attempting to load after the Windows screen.

Also, the power supply now makes that loud noise all the time. Thank god I'm a gamer, else that noise would drive me crazy.

Loud noises are a sign of trouble. IF the noise is a fan inside the power supply, then it may be overheating and shutting down the power to the computer, and then after 10 mins cooldown time, it works again. Starting a computer is a very high load time for the power supply.

About the memory. Did you insure that the memory you installed was completely compatible, or did a buddy assure you it would work? I am a reseller for a major brand memory company, and I will only use memory that they specifically recomend for a particular motherboard. If the memory is compatible, does it need a heat sink? High performance memory usually does, and a memory error will lockup and/or shut off a computer gauranteed.

One last thing. Can you go into the SETUP with no issues? If so, reset all settings to DEFAULT and reboot. DO not optimize the settings, just standard default.

Try and repost.

Well, it turns out that it was a software problem (ie viruses. Damn viruses). I just reformatted and reinstalled, and everything seems to be working. Not sure how that would fix the power supply, but the thing hasn't acted up since.

As for the RAM, its Dell certified RAM that is specifically compatible for this system. In other words, I paid three times as much.

I love this journey as I learn more and more about computers.

Thanks for the help.

Kyle

I have the solution for first one try to reinstall the windows then it will work fine...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.