JJFIVEOH 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everybody, new user here. I have questions all the time, but hopefully I can keep up and help out too. I have one of the new Sony VAIOs, the VGCRA710G with Windows Media Center 2004. Not happy about a few things, but that's another story. It came with a GeForce FX5200 video card. I am not happy with the TV quality. I am looking for a new video card and I don't know which one. I am looking for a card that has a TV tuner, DVD decoder and 3D graphics. Nvidia says that there's works with Media Center, and ATI has their All-in one cards. I have a 19" LCD monitor and would like to get the most out of it. It is a 128 bit DDR. I have my Direct TV hooked up to the comp, and even with an S-Video input, the picture is really poor. I am looking for a nice all around card that can take care of everything and was wondering if anybody has had a chance to work with Windows MCE. I was considering the GeForce6800 series or the ATI 9600-9800. I have looked at other threads about video cards, but only found ones about gaming cards. Those are just the 2 I mentioned for example, but have looked at others and would like opinions about others if anybody has them. Any help would be appreciated, and hopefully I can help too. If you want a review on this computer, (Ive had it 2 months) feel free to ask.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.