I have an Alienware laptop with fx go 5700 Nvidia card. I have the Alienware installed drivers. up to 57.xx I am trying to update to the 62.20 driver from the Alienware website. When I install the driver the display is corrupted. The icons are black boxes. Other graphics are smeared looking. Going back to the older driver works but I would like to have the most current driver. I have not run into this before. I have tried installing in Safe-Mode and uninstalling in Safe-Mode. I can not figure this one out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

aleinware? dont they have the best support next to dell?

call them up.

I have and you are right their support is the best most one on one support out there for PCs. They have tried to resolve this for me. I think it is either a glitch in the hardware or a bad .inf in the driver set. I am not an expert at these things and was hoping that some may have experience with this issue.

Thanks for the response.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.