is it posible to flash the bios to a 9800XT but still being an AIW

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Why do you want to flash to a 9800XT? The performance difference would be negligible (there are some driver specific 9800XT optimisations though), and you won't be unlocking any extra hardware or anything. If you want the 9800XT's minor clockspeed increase, just grab something like ATITool and attempt (at your own risk!) to overclock to 412/730 (core/mem).

I also don't think you can flash to a true 9800XT BIOS without a R360 GPU (the chip used in the 9800XT. The 9800 Pro uses the R350). ATITool can try to tell you what you have, but the full-proof way of finding out is to pop off the heat sink fan on the card and look for yourself (once again, at your own risk!).

Why do you want to flash to a 9800XT? The performance difference would be negligible (there are some driver specific 9800XT optimisations though), and you won't be unlocking any extra hardware or anything. If you want the 9800XT's minor clockspeed increase, just grab something like ATITool and attempt (at your own risk!) to overclock to 412/730 (core/mem).

I also don't think you can flash to a true 9800XT BIOS without a R360 GPU (the chip used in the 9800XT. The 9800 Pro uses the R350). ATITool can try to tell you what you have, but the full-proof way of finding out is to pop off the heat sink fan on the card and look for yourself (once again, at your own risk!).

i jsut wanted to see if i can there are some 9800pro with the r360

Make sure your card is one before attempting a flash!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.