so, i just got a new 19 inch LG flatron, and it has a Dvi input in the back, so i though "hot dog, i am going to use that!" turns out that i cannot get it to respond. okay, so my graphics card is a HIS X1550, it has a DVI output and the monitor has a DVI input, and so far it wont display anything! i got the proper cables, (by that i mean one, a DVI cable that came in the box) I hooked the monitor up to the PC and all it displays is "Digital Power Saving Mode" if i hook up the monitor using an old D-sub cord, it kicks over like normal, but DVI is "supposed" to be better. How do i get the monitor to display the DVI signal.

things iv tried:
-the monitor has a source button, press once for DVI and again for analog, still nothing, in DVI mode i just get the "Digital: Power Saving Mode"
-i tried hooking it up as a secondary monitor, like using an old CRT as the primary(occupying the analog slot) and setting the LG to be secondary(occupying the DVI slot) and it wont recognize it, like, i tell it to enable and nothing happens
-i tried just the monitor attached to the graphics card (with the DVI cord) and it just goes to power save
-if i unplug the cord the monitor says "signal issue, check cord"
-but when i plug it in it just goes back to power save and turns off.

please help, i dont want to have to go buy another analog cord(the one i tested with already has a home) and plus DVI is supposed to be better(spend 200 buck's on a monitor, it should perform at its best:P)

Use your warranty if you have it.

so, i just got a new 19 inch LG flatron, and it has a Dvi input in the back, so i though "hot dog, i am going to use that!" turns out that i cannot get it to respond. okay, so my graphics card is a HIS X1550, it has a DVI output and the monitor has a DVI input, and so far it wont display anything! i got the proper cables, (by that i mean one, a DVI cable that came in the box) I hooked the monitor up to the PC and all it displays is "Digital Power Saving Mode" if i hook up the monitor using an old D-sub cord, it kicks over like normal, but DVI is "supposed" to be better. How do i get the monitor to display the DVI signal.

things iv tried:
-the monitor has a source button, press once for DVI and again for analog, still nothing, in DVI mode i just get the "Digital: Power Saving Mode"
-i tried hooking it up as a secondary monitor, like using an old CRT as the primary(occupying the analog slot) and setting the LG to be secondary(occupying the DVI slot) and it wont recognize it, like, i tell it to enable and nothing happens
-i tried just the monitor attached to the graphics card (with the DVI cord) and it just goes to power save
-if i unplug the cord the monitor says "signal issue, check cord"
-but when i plug it in it just goes back to power save and turns off.

please help, i dont want to have to go buy another analog cord(the one i tested with already has a home) and plus DVI is supposed to be better(spend 200 buck's on a monitor, it should perform at its best:P)[/ I had a similar problem with a dell 22" wide screen the answer was with the DVI Cable you need to buy the fully loaded 24 pin type I think I paid about £9 inc del & it now works great.]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.