laptop turns on but nothing shows on screen. i hooked it up to my monitor and the monitor camp would turn on but still shows nothing i think it is the graphics card but i just to make can any one help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

laptop turns on but nothing shows on screen. i hooked it up to my monitor and the monitor camp would turn on but still shows nothing i think it is the graphics card but i just to make can any one help

ok i might be able to help you as i fixed about litterally 50-75 laptops like this over christmas break...my say is its not your graphics card. And i am 99% sure of it. That being said your fix probably wont end up costing you anything either. if your willing do take your computer apart (make sure you remember how you did it so you dont end up with a spare parts pile) then take the entire thing apart and reseed all the components because it could be anything. This means everything. Also take the screen apart and you will find a back connectors there as well. Like i said seriosuly this sounds crazy but reseed everything because some components come ajar, and it will most likely fix your problem. Good luck :p

thanks so much man totally appreciate you taking the tiome on helping me out ill let you know how it comes out

i took the laptop apart like you said and put it back together and i still get the same thing. I do notice thou that when i turn the laptop on i see the screen i guess you can call it flicker like as if its tried for a sec. what do you think this means.

i took the laptop apart like you said and put it back together and i still get the same thing. I do notice thou that when i turn the laptop on i see the screen i guess you can call it flicker like as if its tried for a sec. what do you think this means.

Ok on the back of the computer's lcd there is a ribbon that attaches to the lcd and probably has tape over it....that is the back light that lets you see your screen. like if you hold your screen at an angle you can see something on the screen just super faint during boot up? if so try that connection...if it isnt working with reconnecting it then its probably not the lcd itself but the back light that gives the computer monotor its brightness...as far as i know tho, those are really costly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.