I have a hp dv6000 laptop. I can barley see everything. Thought it might be a backlight. Was on the phone for 4 hours plus with HP and tried everything. They quoted me 422.oo to replace the backlight. So I bought a new screen. I installed it and it does the exact same thing. If I hook up a monitor it works just fine from the rgb. Any idea's?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The backlight is definitley not working here. For it to work, the light must get high voltage from the inverter, and the inverter must get power and logic signals from the motherboard through the inverter cable. So, the light is not being powered. Why? Check the cable and the inverter connections first, then replace them one at a time. Most likely the inverter is a fault here, so buy one of those. It is the thin little circuit board that the backlight is plugged in to. If that doesn't work, then try the cable. Try and repost, good luck.

The backlight is definitley not working here. For it to work, the light must get high voltage from the inverter, and the inverter must get power and logic signals from the motherboard through the inverter cable. So, the light is not being powered. Why? Check the cable and the inverter connections first, then replace them one at a time. Most likely the inverter is a fault here, so buy one of those. It is the thin little circuit board that the backlight is plugged in to. If that doesn't work, then try the cable. Try and repost, good luck.

Thanks for the help. That is what I was thinking. I ordered another inverter on sunday and it should be in anytime. I will let you know how it goes. Again, thanks.

all fixed. The $14.00 inverter did the trick. Thanks for the help!

all fixed. The $14.00 inverter did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Can you tell me where you got the inverter? My laptop needs one also.

I found it on e-bay. Somewhere in vegas. They were great. I will try to figure it out and let you know.

I found it on e-bay. Somewhere in vegas. They were great. I will try to figure it out and let you know.

Thanks but don't bother. I went to ebay and found one. Just hope it does the job. Thanks again.

hi same prob here. could you pl email how to change inverter or how to remove parts to fix this? <snip>

Same problem with dv6500 have replace inverter and cable. Now I find that opening and shuting the laptop will some times make the back lite come on. I can move amagnet over the switch to replicate onpening cover. Also notice unpluging supply cable to inverter will some times make it start to work. Is there a high lid switch failure in this modle and is that something that can be replaced.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.