I have a Dell Dimension 4500 and I recently bought a new video card. a GeForce 5200 256MB. It started and loaded windows but would not operate. Now I cannot get the monitor to turn on. Even if I put the old card back in. Anything I can do to fix this problem?/???
Please help

I have a Dell Dimension 4500 and I recently bought a new video card. a GeForce 5200 256MB. It started and loaded windows but would not operate. Now I cannot get the monitor to turn on. Even if I put the old card back in. Anything I can do to fix this problem?/???
Please help

I would try to reseat the video card and boot. If that didn't work, I would try just keyboard, mouse, video, and RAM as the only accessories on the mothbo besides the embedded chipsets. Also, do you know if you card needs power from the power supply?

Also make sure you are using the VGA output, not DVI or others until the drivers are properly loaded.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.