Wrong, Bhstickman. The extra graphics memory does not make the card twice as good, and in fact could actually make it SLOWER. Often, when extra RAM is included on a low end display card the RAM chips used have higher latency than normal, leading to reduced performance. The 9200 graphics chip is too underpowered to adequately run anything which requires more than 128Mb of display RAM, and the availability of 256Mb cards for such low powered product lines is simply a sales gimmick!

If you take notice of the 'specifications' mentioned on PC games boxes you'd be led to believe that Video memory is the most important thing to consider, but it's not. The graphics chip on the card is the most important contributor to performance. Cheap cards aren't as good, and adding more memory doesn't make them good!

Oh ok, I keep thinking that more memory in the GPU is better. What is the memory in the GPU used for anyway? Also, my friend just bought a Visiontek XTASY 9550 Radeon AGP and he says that works pretty good. Is that an adequate card? Or is it just another underpowered card that is supposed to be the same as the ATI chip?

ok, I have a problem, when I right click My computer, the hardware tab is not there, so I right clicked in the hard drive and I found the hardware tab and the drivers but there were only the drivers for the hard drive, cd, dvd and USB things.
And 1 more thing how do u go into BIOS?
In the video card owner's manual says that u shuold install the hardware first, is that true??

Oh ok, I keep thinking that more memory in the GPU is better. What is the memory in the GPU used for anyway? Also, my friend just bought a Visiontek XTASY 9550 Radeon AGP and he says that works pretty good. Is that an adequate card? Or is it just another underpowered card that is supposed to be the same as the ATI chip?

A radeon 9550 is far form being a good card for gaming. If your goal is gaming, keep yourself away from this card.

maniaco_2004:To enter the BIOS: when your PC is shutdown, power it then before windows loads, you press either delete or F2 depending what your BIOS is so just try them both to kkow which. A blue and gray screen should appear with all sort of info (BIOS).

It is recommended to uninstall the drivers of your old video card first.

ok, I have a problem, when I right click My computer, the hardware tab is not there, so I right clicked in the hard drive and I found the hardware tab and the drivers but there were only the drivers for the hard drive, cd, dvd and USB things.
And 1 more thing how do u go into BIOS?
In the video card owner's manual says that u shuold install the hardware first, is that true??

Be better to follow the instructions given earlier. Right click My Computer and choose Properties.

In Windows XP 'Device Manager' will be accessed via a button on the 'Hardware' tab. In Windows 98 'Device Manager' will be a tab of its own.

The 'System Properties' dialogue (which is what we're talking about here) can also be accessed via Control Panel, or by pressing the 'Windows key' and the 'Pause/Break' key at the same time.

When you are in Device Manager there should be a section called 'Display Adapters'.

thanks a lot for your help guys, I did it and it works great.

Great to hear. Thanks for letting us know :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.