Help please! I've just turned on my computer after having been gone for 6 weeks, and the monitor no longer stays on. It comes up for a few seconds, then blanks out. I can get it to come back on if I turn it off/on, but it won't stay on for more than a few seconds. I have a Gateway desktop. I've tried unplugging it, but to no avail. I'm not a "technically savy" user, so if anyone has a simple solution, I'd sure appreciate hearing it. I'd love to load my vacation pictures! Any suggestions?? Thanks. P.S. This message is being typed on my husband's laptop ~ his monitor works fine!

This may not be the best solution but try to turn off your PC. Then unplug it from any power source it has. Make sure no electricity is running in it. Then press and hold the power button for 30sec to a minute. Then plug everything back in and turn on.
Hope it helps. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.