I seem to have a problem with my acer LCD screen. I didn't notice this before, but when the contrast settings of the monitor are increased, the left vertical edges of letters seem to have a purple tinge. This is especially noticeable where there are double L's or double I s. I have clear type enabled and I also ran MSs Clear type tuning tool to no avail. Do you guys know what can be causing the problem?
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your screen has developed a fault and will need to be replaced soon! I have seen the same problem a couple of times before.

Your screen has developed a fault and will need to be replaced soon! I have seen the same problem a couple of times before.

If the monitor is the reason of this fault, then why that does only happen at the high resolution. I think you must try another monitor on the same PC resolution and check again this error.

It can't be my monitor because the problem disappears when I disable font smoothing (i.e clear type).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.