Hi there, I have a Toshiba Equium A300D-16C laptop.

It was fine until now...

When I press the power button, my laptop turns on but the screen remains black / off.
HDD indicator doesn't flash or anything ... ( in case this helps )
I've also tried to remove the battery, hold the power button for 30s and plug the power cord back in... Same thing laptop turns on but screen is black.

I tried to connect my laptop to my PC's monitor using HDMI cable but no success... Laptop turned on but my pc's monitor was showing nothing.

I haven't changed anything inside my laptop or unscrewed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rejanu.

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

If this will help: I quite often kept my laptop on the bed/pillow so it may have something to do with overheating or something.

How did I get to this point:

Yesterday my laptop was fine, there was nothing wrong with it... I switched it off at night but when I tried to switch it back on this morning that's where I faced this problem.

I'd say you have no choice but to take it to a professional for diagnosis. It's most likely that an internal surface mount fuse has blown as this is quite common. Unless you are an expert on surface mount components, I doubt you will be able to find and replace it yourself.

If this will help: I quite often kept my laptop on the bed/pillow so it may have something to do with overheating or something.

How did I get to this point:

Yesterday my laptop was fine, there was nothing wrong with it... I switched it off at night but when I tried to switch it back on this morning that's where I faced this problem.

I think u motherboard was damage. Buy new 1 pc

I shut my Toshiba laptop off and 1 hour later tried to turn it back on. The laptop comes on but it has a black screen. I've unplugged and taken the battery out, held the power button down for 30 then 60 secs, but the screen remains black... Help!

Spamming different threads is not going to get you the help you need. You need to follow my advice in the first thread you posted in!

I shut my Toshiba laptop off and 1 hour later tried to turn it back on. The laptop comes on but it has a black screen. I've unplugged and taken the battery out, held the power button down for 30 then 60 secs, but the screen remains black... Help!

mainly black screen problem caused by RAM (if not bios sound). Else it may be you motherboard problem. if got sound can check online to get answer

try this just to see if anything will happen.
boot-up or power-up and start tapping the F8 key let's see what happens.

when you turn it on do you hear anything running like the harddrive, cd-rom, fan, etc.?

you might have to take the HD out and reinstall it.

it could be your fan, memory cards, power supply, harddrive, or just the monitour itself.

so let's try a few things before you start getting into the pocket.

I turned off my monitor by going to the Screen Resolution, how do I get it back on? I can only access my laptop now as Safe mode. Please help.

I tried to boot my laptop and even tried with its battery and power supply, it's still not working and last I used it it was working absolutely fine! I can't find any solution that works on my hp probook 4510s . Can anyone help me please?

My PCs screen beeps and goes black at the boot, turns back on to show that windows is starting up and beeps, then turns black again, but thhe screen is still on (running or whatever). Restarting, opening the setup menu and turning it back on (beeps) and off worked before, however, I'm not sure because someone else did it, but when I tried it, it didn't work again..
so..

The best thing to do should be to delete everything on your hard derive (hd) because it's a virus, or try system restore (before you got the virus or the last time it worked) if it is able to.

I'm having someone delete everything off my hard drive for this (should work) and have to reinstall everything. Oh well..

Good luck

mercury lcd monitor does not diplay clear color even when i change the vga cable. what is the cause?

Try removing and re inserting the RAM cards I changed mine and hadn't put it back in properly and it caused the screen not to come on

Try removing the RAM then try booting the laptop I changed my ram and having not instated it properly the screen wouldn't come on

try replacing or reseatint the RAM....this is the main problem with display issues....

My laptop screen is black I put a DVD in u can here it come on for a minute but stops and the battery icon lights up like a orange and the power cord icon lights up red and u can here the fan running
Can anyone let me know where to start on fixing it. Thanks

i am having this same problems does there is any solution of it.

My laptop turn on but display is black please solved

Try this:
Remove from the power supply and the battery. Press the power button 30-40 secs then plug the charger and turn it on. If it worked, just turn off the laptop then insert the battery back.

Are you sure that the laptop screen connections that hook up arent loose inside the screen

Hi , I have a Deal N 5110 laptop.

It was fine until now...

When I press the power button, my laptop turns on but the screen remains black / off.
HDD indicator doesn't flash or anything ... ( in case this helps )
I've also tried to remove the battery,

I haven't changed anything inside my laptop or unscrewed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ive solved this problem. This is caused by your laptop Ram. That is, it is either faulty meaning you have to replace it or it isnt sitting properly in its socket. So you have to switch off the laptop, remove the RAM clean it and blow the socket holder to removed dirth & dust then reinsert it again to its socket. Than try it. Mine has work so I guess this will help.

I hate that when that happens too stupid RAM

Hi,
i have dell vostro 1015...last night my laptop was working fine...
but when i switched it on the next morning...it asked for the password as usual...but after the welcome sreen everything turns black but the laptop is on
with the cursor showing...and after about 45min. to 1 hr it turns on with the start menu screen...help me

Is it a Windows 8 laptop by any chance?

Run diskcheck: choose your system partition (C: ?), rclick it and select Properties > Tools > Error checking. Restart your sys and wait until it completes the checking, and continues into Windows.

How exactly is he going to run scandisk if the computer wont boot???

i think that a virus

Viruses nah its the stupid operating system itself and thats happened on every windows 8.1 operating system.

Viruses however stuff your pc up!

Take no notice of youssefmanm, according to him viruses cause every problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.