I just built this PC and everything seems to be running fine, well as far as i can tell without being able to see anything on a monitor. The fan on the graphics card is spinning but when I plug the monitor I cannot get a signal. I cannot plug my monitor into the motherboard.

specs:

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD motherboard
PowerColor AX6770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP video card
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
1tb hard drive
windows 7 OS

thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

listen ,creative username .

what type of cable connection do you to the monitor ,DVI or VGA ,it it a new monitor ,did you make sure the video card was compatible with the motherboard

listen ,creative username .

what type of cable connection do you to the monitor ,DVI or VGA ,it it a new monitor ,did you make sure the video card was compatible with the motherboard

VGA connector. I'm not 100% sure they are compatible. I came up with the build myself and had it checked online and by two friends and all three said it looked fine. I do not know how to check to be 100% sure they are compatible.

i check the board and card makers and it should work , the board is pci-e 2.0 and the card is pci-e 2.1 but it should be backward compatible and work with the board ,any chance there could be a problem with your monitor, you did plug the One 6-Pin PCI Express Power connector into the video card ,right

i check the board and card makers and it should work , the board is pci-e 2.0 and the card is pci-e 2.1 but it should be backward compatible and work with the board ,any chance there could be a problem with your monitor, you did plug the One 6-Pin PCI Express Power connector into the video card ,right

I did not have the 6-pin PCI express power connector plugged into the video card. THANK YOU!

great news ,sometimes its just the little things we miss .

pleas mark thread as solved ,thanks and happy computing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.