The laptops are really very fast access and it is very useful but easy to carry out.
This has as many problems my laptop also has the same problem of the screen turning black.

Resume Writing Service

I have DELL inspiron 1545 laptop. when press start button dell logo is not appeared and unable to see welcome screen also. but after few minutes desktop appeared with icon and work properly. what is the reason for this?

I HAVE THE SAME BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM WITH MY LENOVO N200, CONNECTING IT TO THE EXTERNAL MONITOR WORKS ok BUT!!!!IT GIVES BAD QUALITY GRAPHICS LIKE NO DRIVERS INSTALL IT SAYS IN DEVICE MANAGER i WILL NEED TO INSTALL BASE SYSTEM DEVICE IS THIS cause the black SCREEN AND DISPLAY PROBLEM ON EXTERNAL MONITOR...HOPE SOMEONE WILL HELP ON THIS..

I HAVE THE SAME BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM WITH MY LENOVO N200, CONNECTING IT TO THE EXTERNAL MONITOR WORKS ok BUT!!!!IT GIVES BAD QUALITY GRAPHICS LIKE NO DRIVERS INSTALL IT SAYS IN DEVICE MANAGER i WILL NEED TO INSTALL BASE SYSTEM DEVICE IS THIS cause the black SCREEN AND DISPLAY PROBLEM ON EXTERNAL MONITOR...HOPE SOMEONE WILL HELP ON THIS..

Hello! I have a similar problem with my very old Toshiba Satellite p850 laptop. The screen keeps turning very dim (almost black), but you can still see the screen. There is small button located on top area of the laptop keyboard which is used to turn off the screen when the laptop screen lid is in the closed position. When I press this button, the screen comes back to life for a few seconds and goes back to being dim again. I have tried the solutions mentioned in this tread, but nothing seems to be working. If there is a solution to this problem, then please do reply to this post. Thank you in advance in helping me with this issue.

Hi.

I just found this post and have joined to answer it for any others with the problem who may also stumble across this site in search of an answer. I recently contacted Compaq with this problem which happened after my laptop crashed in the middle of graphics intensive apps' running.

Turns out is something to do with excessive charge stored within the components of the laptop. In this situation there is a failsafe that will stop current going to different parts and being the screen uses more power than anything it is most often affected.

Unplug the power, take the battery out and hold down the power button for around 60seconds. This will release any excess charge built up in the machine. Put the power back in and turn on. That's it. You can also then of course replace the battery.

Now there will always of course, be various reasons for your screen to fail etc but most will not allow your laptop boot with all lights on and all the little 'plink' noises you can hear which suggest the laptop has fully booted.

I hope this helps although I would imagine far too late for the person who posted the original problem :P

Thanks so much! I had same problem of my laptop screen being black & barely seeing desktop in background. I followed your instructions of unplugging the power, taking battery out & holding down power button for 60 secs. After plugging power back in the screen light was on as normal & everything is back to normal. :)

I have the problem of my laptop screen suddenly going black. I tried unplugging from power & taking battery out, holding power button for 60 secs., replugging power & restarting laptop which worked for bringing light on screen. I have another problem now of after the computer has been on for around 10 minutes or so, the screen goes black again. I happened to notice after closing the laptop lid & re-opening it immediately that the light came back on screen. Has anyone had this problem, or know what the problem is caused by?

Hallo everyone,
Thanx for everything, you're very helpful.

DeeX

Guys, maybe a solution...

I had a similar problem, and here's the solution I found. I have a Toshiba satellite, only about three years old. What I did, is that logged in under Safe Mode, and did a System Restore (when you log under Sfae Mode, the option comes up in a help window). I chose the system restore date recommended by the computer, and it seems to have worked. It restored the laptop to a date before the latest Windows update, and now the screen works. Well, I really hope this helps somebody.

u have face problem... it has mixing of expensive ..so better to buy another advance with addition of some cost

I have the same problem only I know it isnt because of a virus. This presario v2000 is only used for pc games. It isnt even hooked up to internet. The last time I used it, it was fine. I went to start it up the other day and the screen was black. Did the "60 second" energy release and still had no effect. PLEASE HELP ME~

Tiff

probably a bad inverter board

Normally it Is Because You Went To Press The Connection To The Projecter Then You Pressed The Projecter Only.

The problem turned out to be a loose screen inverter. I took off the screen bezel and tightened the connections, and the light's been fine ever since.

Wow it really worked!!!
Thx!!!
I was so worried when my screen went all colorful, even after restarting, and the keyboard being frozen!!
The 'remove battery, hold shut down for 60 seconds, replace bettery' solution worked

But when it restarted the keyboard and mouse is still frozen
The screen appearance has been solved, but not the functioning.... Would anyone have a solution to that? :(

Edit:
Rebooted a 2nd time and now its ok

I have had the same problem with my toshiba laptop, called them and they said it was the screen that had gone faulty, and it would be cheaper to buy a new laptop, went on to try and sell me a laptop, typical. Tried all that was said in the posts above. the on/off and take out the battery.

I have since found out that it is such a easy fix, for my laptop it was anyway.
I had a mates old laptop which was knackered, another toshiba. took the cover off the screen and there is a small green board with a connector on each side. Unplag this and replaced it with another from another laptop. And guess what it now works FINE. Did not cost me a penny. So all i can say is open the front of the screen and try and find this small part on EBAY or somewhere and for prob a couple of quid it should be fixed.

Not a new laptop needed so try this first if you can still see thru the black as it might be such a easy fix

i've just tried plugging my old monitor into it, but nothings getting sent through.. going to take it to a shop sometime soon

i also do have a problem after formatting my laptop within 2hrs my just goes off..what so i do i have my all my project document on it.

I have a acer netbook and when i start my computer over it will power up,but it will turn into a black screen and a a lil white line will jus blink n tha left hand corner of the top of the screen.my computer still be running though,but it jus stay to the black screen with the white lil line blinking..can sumone help me with that??..

That's not classed as a black screen if you have a blinking cursor. The blinking cursor indicates that your operating system has failed rather than any of your hardware. Press F8 just after your bios screen and see if you can boot into safemode. If you are able to do this, run a scandisk on your hard drive then reboot into normal mode.

That is it just the way, I did and here you go thank you guys

When I was confronted with a black screen, I removed the battery from the laptop completely. Then I shut the laptop down for about 4 hours to clear any residual battery power. When I plugged the laptop back in with the just the AC adapter and no battery, the screen display was back in great working order. I replaced both battery and charger and it has been working fine ever since. How much a replacement battery will cost varies greatly but you can always check on eBay for your model number! Good luck!

I have the same problem before but not on my laptop, it happened on my desktop using samsung lcd gh15ls. first, i tried to reboot it two times but then I notice that the images are there, only it's dark you can hardly see so, I thought maybethe back light is damage or maybe the circuit for backlight.
but then, driver not properly loaded suddenly came out of my mind. Just to verify this, I tried to boot using linux live cd. from there I found that the monitor was still good.
What I did, by using a flash light, tried to re install the driver and that's it. up to this time i'm still using it.
I was lucky I gave myself a second thought, save me a hundred riyals.

Okay guys, does the holding power for 60 seconds work?

Yes, it does. I just had this same problem with my Toshiba laptop and holding down the power after removal of the battery worked like a charm. So happy!

i had the same problem with my NEC laptop, the lcd screen turned black after power on... after reading this thread the last thing i did was to change the lcd inverter....i bought my inverter on eBay from HK and my laptop return to normal.....thanks guys....btw make sure you check the compatibility of inverter...

I have the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 600m, when I turn it on everything is fine until windows pop up then it goes black (I can slightly see the items on the desktop) I tries taking out the battery and holding the power button and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Stephanie

try to boot in safe mode... then if the problem occurs again... you better to go a technician for you laptop,, there is something wrong with your screen....

Good luck!!!

i had this problem where my toshiba laptop was booting but the screen went blank i read some advice from this cite on google and it said that i could try unpluging the machine from power and removing the batery then hold the on button for round 60 seconds i did just that and it worked for me thanks to daniweb and google

I have just fixed it today. if you can't access system restore at the start. You can access it on control panel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.