Hi guys

Before 2 days i reutrned home from work and i found the blue cable with the pins in the floor.. My house maid might did that. Anyways i connected it and the 2 pins too but i get no video input message everytime. Windows seems to work fine becasue i hear the beep noise when i switch on my computer and when i press shift 5 times i get the normal sound. I also connected the monitor to a laptop still no video. I got a new cable still no video. I opened up the pc tower and cleaned all the dust, the fan seems to work normally. Can anyone help me solve this problem please ?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Can you further describe what really happened because for me, I can't understand where the blue cable came from. VGA?, Monitor?, Or I think... Is it the connector itself from the monitor? What kind of monitor do you have? CRT or LCD?

if the pins have broken off the blue cable try another cable to see if that fixes the issue

@ watcher the monitor is lcs philips 200vw and the blue cable is VGA.
@ChrisHunter i tried another cable and still same problem

What you guys suggest to do further?

The three test you should do are:

• Try a different cable to check if the cable is the issue.
  • Try a different computer to see if the computer is the issue.
  • Try a different monitor to see if the monitor is the issue.

once you've isolated the which one is the problem you can diagnose the issue further.

chrishunter. i tried another cable and problem is still the same. i tried my laptops monitor and still the same problem and i connected my pc montior to laptop and it works fine. so its not the monitor or the cable that has the problem.

what do i do next?

edit: its the computers problem i think. what i need to check now?

Do you have a graphic card installed or default vga thru motherboard? I think it was forced to be detached to your computer unit without loosening the screws on the sides of the blue connector thats why it broke. 1.) If you only have your onboard graphics, I suggest you buy or if you have a spare motherboard that's suited for your procie... use it. and, 2.) if you have a vga card installed... check first whether you have onboard vga or not. If, yes, having vga installed and onboard vga. remove the installed vga then attach the vga cable to your onboard vga... If this will work... then your graphic card has the problem. If not, in any case, then your motherboard will be the problem... but, that won't be the case since you can hear that your system is functioning well (enters windows)? Do your hear the opening sound when entering windows OS?

yes i hear the sound when i enter windows. so what do i do?

1.) If you only have your onboard graphics, I suggest you buy or if you have a spare motherboard that's suited for your procie... use it. and, 2.) if you have a vga card installed... check first whether you have onboard vga or not. If, yes, having vga installed and onboard vga. remove the installed vga then attach the vga cable to your onboard vga... If this will work... then your graphic card has the problem. If not, in any case, then your motherboard is the problem.

i am not a computer expert can you explain me better what i have to do? whats that vga card and whats onboard vga. thanks again

If you don't know anyone who can do it for you i would suggest you take it to your local computer shop and get it fixed or buy a new computer depending on which one would be more worth while

Vga(Video Graphic Adapter) Card is the external Graphic card that you install or use to supprt graphic needs for your softwares or computer. Thus, it is insalled on the lower part of your motherboard (white slots called "PCI Slots") if you take a look at your motherboard and see a card intsalled on this slot, you have an external graphic card installed. But, if you looked at your motherboard then you didn't see any expansion card installed on these (white slots "PCI slots") you're using your onboard graphics adapter. If you take a closer look where you plug that blue vga cable that comes from your monitor to your pc... and, it is near the other slots like where you plug your keyboard, mouse, printer, etc... then, it is confirmed you're using onboard VGA(Video Graphic Adapter).

If you're using your onboard VGA (as explained above) try buying a graphic video that'll suite your motherboard's grahic slot (colored slot = slightly longer than the PCI Slots)... First, you have to identify what graphic slot you have... And, if you don't know just post here your motherboard... Manufacturer and model name... I'll find it for you...

i have a problem with my computer and the problem is, no video input so i don't really know what to do right now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.