Hi
I've an Acer Aspire 5739g laptop. I've opened my screen(my laptop's own monitor) to check my wireless cables because my wireless does not work and I thought may the cables be damaged in the screen but they were not. So I closed the screen again. Only thing I did was pulling the screen to myself a little to see what's backwards of it, and plug of webcam and microphone cables. I didn't plug of any screen cables. After everything is connected again, I tried to open my pc but only thing I see was pure white screen (no black , no color). Actually everything except screen is working. Fan, hdd, sound. Without seeing anything I opened pc, even entered my password and log in to windows and confirmed with sound.
I've searched online about this issue and I've tried those;
-plug of power supplies (ac and battery)
-plug of rams
-plug of the small flat battery near the rams
any of them didn't work for me
Any help is appreciated
Thank you
Ozan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to open it up again and make sure the ribbon connector to the back of the screen is in correctly. A white screen is caused by a bad connection, not by ram or bios!

Thank you very much
But I don't know what a ribbon connector is? Can you describe it or find a photo for me ?

Ah, I've found what it is, but I've already checked to plug out and re plugin it , it still doesn't work.

I recently had an Acer with this same issue.

It turned out to be an issue with the LCD controller/Inverter board.

If you can get an external (VGA/HDMI) display working that would confirm the Video card, RAM, etc are OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.