I've got a sapphire radeon hd 7850 1Gb OC edition. The display from the card keeps turning off intermittently. To get it back, i have to reseat the card everytime. If i don't the monitor just keeps switching between analong and digital modes and nothing is displayed. I've got the latest drivers from AMD (non-beta) and i haven't overclocked the card. Any ideas on what could be wrong and/or a solution?
So far I've only seen this problem occur when I restart the computer after leaving it of for a long period of time, about 6 hours or more.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It is possible that the card has a fault. I don't know what you can do to diagnose that. You could send it in for service, but then you would be without your computer for awhile.

In the meantime, you can remove the card, clean the connectors (an eraser works well for that), and then make sure the display connector is properly seated when you reseat the video card.

I always clean using an eraser before reseating the card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.