Hello,

I've had a problem with my laptop for a few months now and have been unable to find any clues as to what is wrong with it. It is a Compaq Evo N800c and one night, while watching a dvd, the white areas of the screen began to flicker with grey lines, soon after it happened with red aswell. Now, when I power up there is a kind of blue haze on the screen, which can usually be rectified by opening and closing the lid a few times. When iIset the display to the highest resoulutions (1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 1024) the text becomes totally unreadable, just a collection black pixels, even on lower settings, the whole screen seems fuzzy and out of focus. The only thing that may have affected the screen is when I left a slightly heavy object ontop of the laptop. Other than that I have upto date drivers and have even reinstalled Windows XP Pro to no avail. Does anybody know what is going on?

THanks in advance,

Kieran

Hello,

I've had a problem with my laptop for a few months now and have been unable to find any clues as to what is wrong with it. It is a Compaq Evo N800c and one night, while watching a dvd, the white areas of the screen began to flicker with grey lines, soon after it happened with red aswell. Now, when I power up there is a kind of blue haze on the screen, which can usually be rectified by opening and closing the lid a few times. When iIset the display to the highest resoulutions (1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 1024) the text becomes totally unreadable, just a collection black pixels, even on lower settings, the whole screen seems fuzzy and out of focus. The only thing that may have affected the screen is when I left a slightly heavy object ontop of the laptop. Other than that I have upto date drivers and have even reinstalled Windows XP Pro to no avail. Does anybody know what is going on?

THanks in advance,

Kieran

I have a simiar problem but I can still read the letters.
If you find the solution please tell me.

I have a simiar problem but I can still read the letters.
If you find the solution please tell me.

What I would do is plug it to an external monitor and see what is happening. Either video card or the monitor itself. Buy a new laptop if it is the monitor because replacing a monitor is costly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.