Well,

My friend have a laptop which monitor goes blank random times. I hooked it up to my monitor and it happened the same thing. However; when I take the memory out of the laptop and plug back in. It lasts long without screen going blank. I also set to never in the power management settings and no hibranation or nothing is set up.
I would like to know that what makes computer to work fine for a while after removing the memory and plug back in? Also, he had a virus, spyware and adaware infected hard drive, I did a dos format and when I try to install windows, it went half of the way and hangs up while in the screen in the place where it says creating files to be copied. Second time it copied half of the files before it stops. Third time I remove the memory and put back in, windows installation went without no errors. I did twice and worked great then the screen of the laptop goes blank again. Does anyone has a clue what is this mysterious problem could be? It seems that problem somewhat fix whenever I remove the memory and put it back in.

Half of my creen (the right portion) all of a sudden went black, I still can perform things behind the screen. is this a graphics card problem? what can i do?

Half of my creen (the right portion) all of a sudden went black, I still can perform things behind the screen. is this a graphics card problem? what can i do?

I am not really understanding what you are saying. Best thing to test is hooking up to another monitor. If not sometimes it is the resolution problem. RIGHT CLICK DESKTOP >>> GO TO PROPERTIES >>> CLICK SETTINGS TAB >>> SOMETIMES IT SHOWS TWO MONITORS 1 and 2 Make sure you select ONE AND HIT APPLY.

So you mean you can perform things because you can see because the only half of the screen is blank instead of the whole thing? I would hook up to another monitor and see also what happens. :rolleyes:

FOR ME, it turned out to be the memory that laptop screen goes blank after about 2-3 hours of working sometimes even early. So I changed the memory and it worked very well since then. :cool:

FOR ME, it turned out to be the memory that laptop screen goes blank after about 2-3 hours of working sometimes even early. So I changed the memory and it worked very well since then. :cool:

What do you mean by "I changed the memory"? Do we need to buy a new RAM?

I myself had the same problem. My notebook is Acer Aspire 5550. It is hard to solve this problem cause it happens sometimes only. The left part of the screen becomes black while the other part was OK. When it entered Windows, sometimes it is full screen, sometimes it continues with the problem.

The strange thing is....When the problem happens, my monitor hardware changes from Plug and Play Monitor to Digital Flat Panel display. This is really strange....

I really hope if someone could help me getting out of this irritating problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.