The strangest thing happened a few days ago. The display on my A10 started shaking or bouncing quickly vertically. I went to bed and when I woke up the next day the LCD screen was black. Upon closer inspection I could barely make out the display, as it should be, but almost completely black. I plugged in an external monitor and it works fine - the color and brightness are normal. If anyone could suggest an action plan to resolve my problem, I would be eternally grateful. I don't think it's my vid card as the display is just fine on the external monitor. Does this mean my LCD screen has burned up? I don't get it. Much thanks in advance.

Shrek

ok i know this sounds really stupid, but sometimes it can happen

im going to say its not very likely in your case because of the shaking/bouncing

but anyway, sometimes the little tab on the laptop, where it senses whether the lid is shut on not, can get stuck, so if you can see the gap where it is, give it a few pokes and see if it springs back up, dont be too violent though.

It'll probably be the inverter... It could be the screen, but it is more rare for that to happen! Go on ebay and buy a new one (probably cost about £20)

Andrew

The strangest thing happened a few days ago. The display on my A10 started shaking or bouncing quickly vertically. I went to bed and when I woke up the next day the LCD screen was black. Upon closer inspection I could barely make out the display, as it should be, but almost completely black. I plugged in an external monitor and it works fine - the color and brightness are normal. If anyone could suggest an action plan to resolve my problem, I would be eternally grateful. I don't think it's my vid card as the display is just fine on the external monitor. Does this mean my LCD screen has burned up? I don't get it. Much thanks in advance.

Shrek

Hi Shrek
Just today morning the very same thing happened to my Toshiba laptop. Can you post regarding what you did to fix the problem.
Thanks,
ravsav.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.