Just sprung for a new widescreen monitor which has an optimal resolution of 1440 x 900..of course my integrated video card above doesnt seem to be supporting that. Is there an easy work around to get it to that res. or am I stuck needing a new video card as well? And could someone recommend an inexpensive one if so?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You will need a new video card... a good one... most integrated video systems do not go higher than 1040 or 1152. Though some very few will do 1280, there are none that go higher.

Raybay (or anyone else) I'm new here - can you recommend a replacement video card as I too have bought a new TFT 20" ACER display and cannot connect at 1400x1050. I can only connect at 1280x1024. I have the same card as SCB in a Dell Dimension 2400

Regards to everyone on the forum

I too have bought a new TFT 20" ACER display and cannot connect at 1400x1050. I can only connect at 1280x1024. I have the same card as SCB in a Dell Dimension 2400

The Dell 2400 cannot handle a lot of video card without a replacement power supply.

Whatever your budget allows out of the ATI, Matrox, or nVidia PCI cards on www.zipzoomfly.com or www.newegg.com with 64 MB or 128 MB will work well. The more memory the better.

Just remember this is a budget PC with Intel i845GV, and Celeron 2.4 GHz. The current video is integrated Intel Extreme. It runs cool as is.

You must use a PCI card. There are still good ones left. If you upgrade to the PCI video, upgrade the memory as well. If you go over 128 MB, replace the power supply.

Hi gang

I have a HP a809rs witht this 82845g controller and was like most wondering if will support a 1440x900.. It hs another code after it( 6.14.10.3889) On the isplay it shows to accomadate 1280x1024 ...how well will a 1440 x 900 work with this and what recommendation would you have for replacement , if necessary.... thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.