please help me someone, something strange has happend to my dell latitude and maybe it is easy to resolve if someone else has had the same problem. I currently have windows vista running on it, the thing that is wrong is the monitor is showing up really small like as if the screen is smaller than it is. all the writing is tiny and if i click on a website it is miniscule aswell. maybe im having a blonde day and its a simple setting i have overlooked, so if anyone can help me please do, thanks - cuteek

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Dont spam misscole. That post has been flagged for deletion.

Cuteek, try adjusting the screen resolution

(check help, in xp you right click on the desktop, choose properties then the settings tab but I dont know where it is under vista)

I wasnt spamming, i am new here because i thought someone may know how to help me with the settings.

I am a real person not a spammer, what does misscole mean?

I tried your suggestion anyway and i clicked on screen resolution it is all the way up on the highest setting, but websites and tabs, time and date are showing up tiny..........so the screen is full size now but theaddress bar file edit view go etcc...... are all tiny.....any more suggestions? thanks -cuteek

miscole was another poster who posted a message advertsing a site that had no relation to your question

i was telling them not to spam. That post has now been deleted

somewhere in settings (i think in the same place you found the resolution) there is a setting for changing the DPI (font resolution). Have a play with that.

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your question and wanted to offer some suggestions.

You said that the resolution is on the highest setting, lower the resolution and it will make the screen and text bigger. Always keep in mind, the larger the resolution, the smaller the objects on the page. Just play around with the settings until you find one that you are comfortable with. There are also settings in the Internet Explorer browser under the “View” tab that will let you adjust the size of the text on web pages. Just click on View and then select Text Size. You can also play with this setting until it’s a comfortable size for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you,

Mike
Dell customer advocate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.