i am having a problem with my monitor it only has two choices 2 or 16 how can i fix that problem my monitor says kds visual sensation. her is some information i do not understand can any one help me AuthenticAMD AMD-K6tm w/ multimedia extensions
64MB RAM
92% system resources free
Windows-managed swap file on drive C (2900MB free)
Available space on drive C: 2900MB of 3069MB (FAT32)
ACPI System Button
System
This Device Has a Problem: Code=2 (0x2)
Device failure: Try changing the driver for this device. If that doesn't work,
see your hardware documentation.
Alloc resources: None

CMI8330. Audio Adapter
Unknown
This Device Has a Problem: Code=28 (0x1C)
The drivers for this device are not installed correctly. To install the driver
for this device, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

CMI8330. Audio Adapter
Unknown

CMI8330. Audio Adapter
Unknown

standard vga video card?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Help! I have a Compaq Presario FS740.... It was recently put into my room by my parents because we needed a new computer. The reason we needed one was because of the FS740. After a while of being on doing whatever, the screen seems to shrink and eventually the monitor fades and goes completely black. I turn the monitor off, and then on, and it goes bright, then dark and again to black. If I turn the monitor off all night and turn it on the next morning it works fine....for about an hour, then the problem comes back!! I know a little about computers but I have never even heard of such a problem such as this, please help!

Lyari

Point one:

The monitor on that PC is dying. Pretty soon it's gonna go 'poof' and it'll be black all the time! get an old secondhand monitor that works, and use it instead.

Point two:

Create a new topic when you have a question to ask us please, don't 'piggyback' your question onto a really old topic such as this.

tmm5899, if you're still receiving messages from this board, I'm really sorry your question didn't get answered when iy was posted, but you'd have to identify the video card (if it's an add-in) or the motherboard (if it's onboard video. You do that by having a look at what's printed on them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.