I am looking to buy a middle to low end laptop. Doing a lot of internet work and some work with digital pictures. I'm looking in the range of $550-$650 and am very confused as to:
whether I should go with AMD or Pentium
faster FSB is better or faster processor speed is better
do older printers and software work with 64bit;
what role does the 32 or 64 bit play in a computer

All computers in my range are around 5400rpm. Here are 3 computers I've been looking at.

*HP with AMD Turion™ X2 dual-core mobile processor RM-70; 4GB DDR2 memory; 64 bit, firewire or PCM... slot Memory expandable to 8GB

*Toshiba w/ AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology TL-60; 3GB DDR2 SDRAM;

*Toshiba with Intel Pentium dual core, T3200 operating at 2.0GHz
Up to 667MHz frontside bus
3GB of PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory
250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

whether I should go with AMD or Pentium Both are good, however, you'll pay through the nose for a IBM chip.
faster FSB is better or faster processor speed is better FSB speed is fixed. Speed is from faster (& more expensive CPU & RAM)
do older printers and software work with 64bit; apples v. oranges. printers depend on updated drivers f/64bit hd/sw. Software might, depends on OS.
what role does the 32 or 64 bit play in a computer more roads to send the same info through. 32bit usually refers to bus speed, however, it could also mean FAT32 which sounds the same but isn't.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.