Im thinking about ordering the DFI core i7 X58 T3eH8 mainboard with Intel core i7-920 (jup thinking about a little OC'ing) with Arctic M2 paste and the thermalright ultra 120 Extreme 1366-r block

But can't find a QVL list... does any1 know if the OCZ DDR3 platinum 1800mhz works with this mainboard?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't know about that specifically.
I heard somewhere that the i7 can do tri-channel, where you buy a pack of 3 sticks rather than the old packs of 2 and you get higher bandwidth as a result. You may already know this, but thought I'd mention it.
Wish I could afford a setup like that myself, lol

I don't know about that specifically.
I heard somewhere that the i7 can do tri-channel, where you buy a pack of 3 sticks rather than the old packs of 2 and you get higher bandwidth as a result. You may already know this, but thought I'd mention it.
Wish I could afford a setup like that myself, lol

I knew this, but accidantilly bought DDR3 earlier when DDR2 needed... payed to less attention that time...

I have the advantage that I work as Game-pc advisor in a PC-store...

Cool, nice job you have there :)

I looked on the DFI website and I see your problem (ie no supported RAM list) but damn that board looks nice, great choice.

Again I'm stating stuff you already know, but this is the RAM config:
# DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600(O.C.) MHz DIMMs
You may be able to just drop the latencies and run at 1600

Good Idea m8

Cool, nice job you have there :)

I looked on the DFI website and I see your problem (ie no supported RAM list) but damn that board looks nice, great choice.

Again I'm stating stuff you already know, but this is the RAM config:
# DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600(O.C.) MHz DIMMs
You may be able to just drop the latencies and run at 1600

Well thx for your advice... this pc is delivered last saturday with that memory... it works suburb....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.