My motherboard is a pentium 4 HT technolgy motherboard. It worked great when i first got till one day there was no display. The screen didnt say "no signal" but was blank. So i figured it might be the memory. I took them out and put them back in. The computer started right back up and no problems. Till i turned the comp off again same problem and same solution. Then my LED light on my computer went out and certain USB ports didnt worked. The very same day this happened the computer started randomly restarting on me. Then a message came up when it booted on a black screen about a Windows file missing. I didnt have anything important on my computer so i decided to refomat. Well half way through reformat it restarted. I cant reformat. Is it my motherboard or am i way off?:rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My motherboard is a pentium 4 HT technolgy motherboard. It worked great when i first got till one day there was no display. The screen didnt say "no signal" but was blank. So i figured it might be the memory. I took them out and put them back in. The computer started right back up and no problems. Till i turned the comp off again same problem and same solution. Then my LED light on my computer went out and certain USB ports didnt worked. The very same day this happened the computer started randomly restarting on me. Then a message came up when it booted on a black screen about a Windows file missing. I didnt have anything important on my computer so i decided to refomat. Well half way through reformat it restarted. I cant reformat. Is it my motherboard or am i way off?:rolleyes:

I would say it could be a number of things including hard drive (but probably not), motherboard, or psu. How old is your psu and what kind is it? if you have a spare or a friend that will lend you one try that out because it seems similar to problems i have seen that were psu related. good luck!

Sounds like the power unit would be the most likely suspect. Is it a 'cheapie' or one included with a 'cheapie' case?

yes the power unit came with the case. I hope it is only the powersource. I will keep ya updated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.