Can u tell me?
intel core 2 s775 on intel classic mobo. Can't get any display. There is no beeb sound. I know the alarm beep works because I tested the geforce 9800 GT with no power and it beeped. Tried with geforce fully removed and plugged into onboard video but that also did not work. The screen works fine with an older athlon machine (with geforce 5700).
In summary I can't get any display with the new machine.

Full spec of new rig:

PENTIUM DUAL CORE E5200 2.5GHZ S775 FSB800 2MB CACHE BOXED

Sonata III 500 UK/Quiet Super Mini Tower with EarthWatts 500W PSU Black

BOXDG31PR uATX G31 LGA775 Core 2 Duo Quad Core FSB1333 DDR2 667 SATA2 GigaBit LAN VGA Audio Retail Boxed

Memory/4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 (5-5-5-15) DIMM (Kit of 2)

EN9800GT/HTDP/512MD3 512MB DDR3 PCI-E DVI-I*2 HDTV (nvidia 9800gt)

Sony DVD+-RW/DL RAM AD-7200S-0B SATA +20X8X12X -20X6X12X BULK BLACK

CAVIAR SE16 500GB 16MB SATA/300 7200RPM

Screen: NEC multisync LCD 1525 V. Works fine in VGA with older FX5700. No joy either with onboard VGA on new system, or with 9800GT (tested with VGA using VGA->DVI adapter)

p.s I removed the steel clip rectangle that covers the cpu but I dont think that matters. The fan is still firmly locked down onto the cpu.
(and besides it would be really hard to remove that fan again..) Might have to anyway.

Any ideas?

Everything has power. Mobo (both ATX plugs), geforce, dvd+-, HDD. It's a full SATA setup. Everything seems fine but maybe I'm wrong.
The only uncertainty is the clip over the cpu, and the configuration of jumpers for the led's and power switch etc. but everything does power up.
No beeping, ..but no display thus far

My feeling is a dud mobo

Can u tell me?
intel core 2 s775 on intel classic mobo. Can't get any display. There is no beeb sound. I know the alarm beep works because I tested the geforce 9800 GT with no power and it beeped. Tried with geforce fully removed and plugged into onboard video but that also did not work. The screen works fine with an older athlon machine (with geforce 5700).
In summary I can't get any display with the new machine.

Full spec of new rig:

PENTIUM DUAL CORE E5200 2.5GHZ S775 FSB800 2MB CACHE BOXED

Sonata III 500 UK/Quiet Super Mini Tower with EarthWatts 500W PSU Black

BOXDG31PR uATX G31 LGA775 Core 2 Duo Quad Core FSB1333 DDR2 667 SATA2 GigaBit LAN VGA Audio Retail Boxed

Memory/4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 (5-5-5-15) DIMM (Kit of 2)

EN9800GT/HTDP/512MD3 512MB DDR3 PCI-E DVI-I*2 HDTV (nvidia 9800gt)

Sony DVD+-RW/DL RAM AD-7200S-0B SATA +20X8X12X -20X6X12X BULK BLACK

CAVIAR SE16 500GB 16MB SATA/300 7200RPM

Screen: NEC multisync LCD 1525 V. Works fine in VGA with older FX5700. No joy either with onboard VGA on new system, or with 9800GT (tested with VGA using VGA->DVI adapter)

p.s I removed the steel clip rectangle that covers the cpu but I dont think that matters. The fan is still firmly locked down onto the cpu.
(and besides it would be really hard to remove that fan again..) Might have to anyway.

Any ideas?

Everything has power. Mobo (both ATX plugs), geforce, dvd+-, HDD. It's a full SATA setup. Everything seems fine but maybe I'm wrong.
The only uncertainty is the clip over the cpu, and the configuration of jumpers for the led's and power switch etc. but everything does power up.
No beeping, ..but no display thus far

My feeling is a dud mobo

Update: Still nothing. Tried with another LCD. Tried for both onboard vga and gpu - nothing, PLEASE help

Content but annoyed. It works fine now. Installed (K)ubuntu on earlier. Very fast install! yet unbelievably all I did was remove the RAM and connectors from the mobo completely, blew some air into them and reconnected. It then worked fine in both on-board VGA, and the nVidia GPU. It's retarded that I do nothing wrong and still get these annoyances...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.