I have bought an assembled PC from a shop which
supplied motherboard ASUS P5KPL AM-PS

They have supplied only one DVD rom drive but i want to have two different Dvd rom drives.They say this motherboard does not have option to fix two Dvd rom drives (cd drives) at one time.
Is it correct???

I have always used two cd drives at a time in all my pentium 3 and pentium 4 comupters i have used in past.

My system Windows Xp professional
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL AM-PS
Pentium(R)Dual core Cpu
E5200 @ 2.5 GHZ
1 Gb ram

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you using sata or ide. If you use IDE just link the 2 with the same ribbon cable plug one end into the motherboard then the cable should have 2 more connectors one for each cd/dvd whatever. Make sure slave and primary are turned on in the bios for that pata port on the motherboard then put your hard drive on the other pata port.

After looking at the specs for that motherboard it looks like it only has 1 pata port if you have 3 ide devices you will have to upgrade one to an sata then link the 2 ide to the pata port then the 3rd on one of the sata channels

I am not using sata but IDE.

When i open the Device manager and click
IDE Ata Atapi controller
i find 2 primary channel and 2 secondary channels.

[IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/2py8j21.jpg[/IMG]

I have no knowledge of PC hardware but someone told me this motherboard can be used to fix more than two cdrom drives.

Connect the samsung hard disk to Primary IDE and the 2 cd/dvd rom drives to secondary IDE. The primary IDE port on the motherboard should be blue. you should also have jumpers on the drives they should be set to primary and secondary

I have bought an assembled PC from a shop which
supplied motherboard ASUS P5KPL AM-PS

They have supplied only one DVD rom drive but i want to have two different Dvd rom drives.They say this motherboard does not have option to fix two Dvd rom drives (cd drives) at one time.
Is it correct???

I have always used two cd drives at a time in all my pentium 3 and pentium 4 comupters i have used in past.

My system Windows Xp professional
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL AM-PS
Pentium(R)Dual core Cpu
E5200 @ 2.5 GHZ
1 Gb ram

pls. try this: if you are using the ide cable from asus you just set your jumper setting to cable select if not you should be set your 2cd/dvd to slave then connect it to secondary port

what happen is dat my pc can not see cd rom in the setup page during the installation process it only display the primary. What happen pls

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.