Hi Fellow Daniweb IT members,

I am currently thinking to buy the Dell inspiron 546 MT with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 5200+ (2.7 GHz and 512Kx2 cache), and the 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, 6144MB Ram, 640GB Hard drive and a 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card.

I mainly need will use it to make web graphics designs and videos for AS-level I.C.T and for homework for my school work.

Can you tell me if this Motherboard is fast/slow or non-responsive etc.

Thanks in advance

~ShahBoii

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

cant help it ,i just have to reply ,you don't say what motherboard it is ,but with that cpu and amount of ram and video ram if its slow .i'll trade you my P4 2.6 for it lol

M8, I dont think so lol! I have got it with vista ultimate 64-bit instead!!

By the way, I was lucky that i ordered vista ultimate because i know recieve a free upgrade to windows 7 untimate 64-bit!!

I cant wait until I recieve it on 22nd october 2009!!! :)

Hey man this is very nice qoutation your computer will work faster more than ever keep doin'

M8, I dont think so lol! I have got it with vista ultimate 64-bit instead!!

By the way, I was lucky that i ordered vista ultimate because i know recieve a free upgrade to windows 7 untimate 64-bit!!

I cant wait until I recieve it on 22nd october 2009!!! :)

I am giving it back. The computer is slower than a snail! It also has many probs. so buying a quad core instead

yeah - I'd have advised you that 2nd Level cache of 6MB is about right for Vista x64.

I would always go for the Intel processor range. I trust it better since AMD is the catch-uop company that sees Intel as the big bad guy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.