I am using intel D845GVSR chipset family motherboard, from last 1 week i am facing a problem related to sound issue.

My sound got disabled, no sound is coming from speaker.
I reinstall whole window XP, then after installing board drivers sound comes. then after restart it again got disabled. I dont know what is the reason.

In device manager, under sound option its not showing realtek device.
after fresh installation it shows the device, but as i install driver and restart my pc the sound device again got disabled.

On motherboard cd there is option for system info, there i saw a message that my audio device is disabled. I also checks my BIOS setting, there also audio is enabled.

I reinstalls Xp for 2-3 times, every time after few restarts(or as all drivers installation completes) sond got disaled.

Can anyone plz having a solution of this issue.
regards

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

(this is a copy-paste from this)

Try this first:
Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Look for the following two items: Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver and High Definition Audio driver Package - KB888111.
If these items are listed in Add/Remove programs, remove them.
Restart Windows.
Download the latest audio driver for your desktop board from Download Center.
Double-click the filename to extract the files.
Go to the folder where the files have been extracted and browse to the \HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\ folder or the \MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\ folder. (The name of this folder depends on your desktop board model.)
Double-click the file kb888111xpsp2.exe to install the High Definition Audio Driver Package.
Restart Windows.
Install the audio driver.

If the above steps do not resolve the problem, try reinstalling Windows as follows:

Disable audio in BIOS before the installing Windows:
During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
Disable audio on the Advanced > Peripheral Configuration menu.
Press F10 to Save and Exit.
Install Windows.
Install the latest Service Pack for your version of Windows.
Install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility (INF Utility).
Install all of rest of the latest drivers for your board, EXCEPT the audio driver.
Re-enable audio in BIOS:
During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
Enable audio on the Advanced > Peripheral Configuration menu.
Press F10 to Save and Exit.
Restart the system and cancel any “new hardware found” messages.
Install the latest audio driver.
Restart the system.

Also, Realtec and XP Service Pack 3 don't go together too well. I had untold problems with my audio until I uninstalled SP3.

I have realtec too (intergrated) and only problems I had (not related to SP3) was that nVidia chipset drivers tended to overwrite the realtec drivers. nVidia's drivers worked too, but without 3d hardware acceleration was available in various games.

It is running now with SP3 without any problems.

My mobo ha sis chipset. Without SP3, I have no problems. My old Xbox controller has started working again too.

(this is a copy-paste from this)

Try this first:
Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
Look for the following two items: Realtek* High Definition Audio.......

As you said i did all your steps, but no relief.
i reformat my HD, installs xp sp2 but same.

when i go to bios and the advance pherpheral option, there no audio device listed. then i load optimal defaults, save and exit. Again i went to bios this it presents there with status disabled. i enabled it and reboot.

For checking i go to BIOS and again the Audio option get invisible. Now even load optimal defaults not working.

What should i do?

Is this due to virus. My HD is of seagate, i format it using seatool they provide. I erase all HD , also erase Zero.
Then i again reinstall Xp , but still same problem. Sound comes and went off after 2-3 restarts.

Previous to this, many times i format, reinstall Xp, NO problem !!
just from past few 1-2 weeks its giving me headache.

I am thinking about few option?

-Update the BIOS form Intel site.
-repair MBR
-erase HD all

plz help me?

regards....

Definitely try updating BIOS.

If that doesn't work, then try downgrading BIOS to a lower version than it is now.

Definitely try updating BIOS.

If that doesn't work, then try downgrading BIOS to a lower version than it is now.

Ok, i can update the BIOS, but how i can dowgrade it.

As BIOS updated file i can download from intel site, but for downgrading it, from where i can find my version file.

Also can you tell me how to make USB bootable, i have kingston 120, 8 gb USB.

regards

Usually, the falshing program gives you option to save your current BIOS, and BIOS providers usually keep all BIOS versions.

USB sticks are pretty much the same as HDs when it comes to booting. However, having some kind of OS on them, that's a bit tricky. You can learn more here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.